Higher Education Amendment Bill [B36 – 2015]Call for comments opened 29 January 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 11 February 2016)
The Portfolio Committee on Higher Education and Training invites you to submit written submissions on the Higher Education Amendment Bill [B36 – 2015].
The purpose of the Higher Education Amendment Bill [B36 – 2015] is to amend the Higher Education Act, 1997, so as to:
▪ provide for the insertion of new definitions;
▪ provide for the determination of transformation goals and oversight mechanisms for the public higher education system;
▪ provide for the development of articulation and recognition of prior learning frameworks;
▪ provide for the conversion of public higher education institutions;
▪ provide for the powers of the council of a public higher education institution to invest funds;
▪ provide further for the issuing of Ministerial directives;
▪ provide for indemnification of an independent assessor;
▪ provide for the indemnification and termination of the term of office of an administrator;
▪ provide for different categories of registration of private higher education institutions and the associated rights;
▪ provide for the withdrawal and revocation of qualifications by public higher education institutions.
Public hearings on the Bill will be held at Parliament on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 16, 17 & 19 February 2016.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Anele Kabingesi at email@example.com by no later than 12:00 on Thursday, 11 February 2016.
Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Anele Kabingesi on tel 021 403 3760 or Cell 083 412 1585
Issued by: Ms Y Phosa, MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Higher Education and Training