Perishable Products Exports Control Draft BillCall for comments opened 21 January 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 15 February 2016)
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries invites you to submit written comments on the draft Perishable Products Exports Control Bill.
Some of the Key amendments of the Perishable Products Export Control Bill include the:
▪ Promotion of an orderly, efficient and sustainable cold chain for the export of perishable products from the Republic
▪ Provision for the legal framework for the regulation and monitoring of the cold chain
▪ Introduction of a cold chain information system and data base
▪ Promotion of broad based black economic empowerment by black farmers, rural communities and exporters
▪ Monitoring, evaluation, assessment and reporting on the cold chain
Comments can be emailed to The Chief Executive Officer at Legal2@ppecb.com by no later than Monday,15 February 2016.
Enquiries can be directed to The Chief Executive Officer on tel (012) 930 1134.