Local Government Municipal Electoral Amendment Bill [B22B-2015]Call for comments opened 09 December 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 12 January 2016)
The Select Committee on Social Services (National Council of Provinces) invites you to submit written comments on the Local Government Municipal Electoral Amendment Bill [B22B-2015].
Objects of the Bill:
The main objects of the Bill are to:
▪ define an expression and amend a definition;
▪ amend provisions relating to the nomination of candidates;
▪ provide for the electronic submission of candidate nomination documents and party lists;
▪ provide for different modalities for payment of electoral deposits;
▪ provide for the notification of interested parties where a candidate has been nominated by more than one person or party;
▪ clarify the circumstances in which marked ballot papers may be cancelled at the instance of voters;
▪ clarify the provisions relating to the determination and declaration of the results of by-elections.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Marcelle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 12:00.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Marcelle Williams on tel (021) 403 3799 or cell 083 709 8451
Issued by Ms LC Dlamini, MP, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Social Services.