Nominations: Appointment of three members to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC)Call for comments opened 30 September 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 16 October 2015)
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons to fill three vacancies of non-executive members to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation Limited, which arose from the resignation of Ms Zandile Ellen Tshabalala, Prof. Bongani Khumalo and Mr Thembinkosi Bonakele, for the remainder of the term of office of the current Board (24 September 2018) as stipulated in Section 13(8) of the Broadcasting Act, No 4 of 1999.
The South African Broadcasting Corporation was established in terms of the Broadcasting Act (1936) as a government enterprise to provide radio and television broadcasting services to South Africa.
Members of the Board, when viewed collectively, must be persons who:
• Are suited to serve on the Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism, entertainment and education, social and labour issues.
• Are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and accountability on the part of those holding public office.
• Represent a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic.
• Are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the Charter of the SABC.
• Are South African citizens permanently resident in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following information:
• Full name, ID number and gender
• Contact address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address
• Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
• Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 16 October 2015 at 16.
Enquiries please contact Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma on tel (021) 403 3733.
Please note that nominees will be subjected to qualifications check and security clearance. Late nominations will not be considered.
Candidates who have previously applied and those who were previously shortlisted are advised to re-apply as the nominations process is being restarted.
Issued by Ms JC Moloi-Moropa, MP – Chairperson: PC on Communications.