Comment: Plant Health (Phytosanitary) Draft BillCall for comments opened 08 April 2013 Share this page:
The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries hereby invites all interested institution, organisations and individuals to submit written comments on the draft Plant Health (Phytosanitary) Bill.
The Draft Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for Phytosanitary measured to prevent the introduction
▪ provide for establishment and spread of regulated pests in the Republic
▪ provide for the control of regulated pests
▪ provide for the regulation of the movement of plants, plant products and other regulated articles into, within and out of the Republic
▪ as well as to provide for matters connected therewith.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Alice Baxter at AliceB@daff.gov.za or MaandaR@daff.gov.za by no later thanMonday, 26 November 2012
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Alice Baxter on (012) 319 6529
The Bill can also be found here: www.pmg.org.za/bill