Compliance’s 30 days payment to Service ProvidersCall for comments opened 21 May 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 22 May 2015)
The Portfolio Committee on Public Service and Administration as well as Performance Monitoring and Evaluation will hold public hearings on the payment of service providers by government departments within a 30 day period, and is asking you to comment.
Interested persons and stakeholders are invited to submit written and oral comments to the Committee on the matter. The Portfolio Committee has a constitutional mandate to oversee government in terms of Section 195 of the Constitution to promote the values and principles governing public administration. The Committee is therefore responsible for ensuring that government departments are efficiently complying with the 30-days payment deadline of service providers.
The objectives of the Public Hearings seek:
▪ to enforce compliance of government departments in paying service providers within a stipulated period;
▪ to understand factors causing delays in payment of suppliers including challenges and bottlenecks;
▪ to assess how systems are effective in processing, tracking and monitoring payment of invoices in government departments;
▪ to inculcate a culture of promoting a high standard of professional ethics in the supply chain management process within the public administration;
▪ to learn best practices from other government departments who are complying with the 30 days payment as stipulated;
▪ to assess the impact caused as a result of failure of paying service providers within the stipulated period
▪ to identify best possible solutions in developing effective systems to ensure adherence to payment of suppliers within the stipulated period.
Attention: Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Bryan Mantyi at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 22 May 2015.
For Public hearings’ dates and enquiries please contact Mr Bryan Mantyi on tel (021) 403 3796 or cell 083 709 8428
Copies of the Public Service Commission Consolidated Report on Public Hearings on Compliance with Government’s 30 Day Payment Period to Service Providers may be obtained from Mr Bryan Mantyi
Issued by BP Mabe, MP and Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Public Service and Administration as well as Performance Monitoring and Evaluation.