National Veld Forest Fire Amendment Draft Bill, 2015Call for comments opened 20 March 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 20 April 2015)
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries invites you to comment on the National Veld Forest Fire Amendment Draft Bill.
Bill seeks to amend the National Veld and Forest Fire Act, 1998, so as to:
▪ amend and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the facilitation of the formation of fire protection associations by a municipality or a traditional council;
▪ compel a municipality, state owned enterprise, public entity or other organ of state which owns land to join the fire protection associations;
▪ empower the Minister to develop a framework for monitoring, evaluation, assessment and reporting in respect of veld and forest fire management;
▪ amend the title of the Act to National Veldfire Act;
▪ amend the short title and substitute the long title.
Comments can be emailed to the Directorate: Forestry Regulation and Oversight at LukeR@daff.gov.za by no later than Monday, 20 April 2015
Enquiries can be directed to the Directorate: Forestry Regulation and Oversight on tel (012) 309 5756