Draft National Forests Amendment BillCall for comments opened 13 March 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 13 April 2015)
Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries invites you to comment on the draft National Forests Amendment Bill.
Bill seeks to amend the National Forests Act, 1998, so as to:
▪ provide for clear definitions of natural forests and woodlands;
▪ provide for public trusteeship of the nation's forestry resources;
▪ increase the promotion and enforcement of sustainable forest management;
▪ increase the measures provided for in the Act to control and remedy deforestation;
▪ provide for clear procedures for making regulations.
Comments can be emailed to Shumani D at [email protected] or Renny M at [email protected] by no later than Monday 13 April 2015
Enquiries can be directed to the Directorate Forestry Regulation and Oversight on tel (012) 309 5765