Airports Company Amendment Draft BillCall for comments opened 04 December 2014 Share this page:
The Department of Transport has published the Airports Company Amendment Draft Bill, and has asked for comments from the public.
Bill seeks to amend the Airports Company Act, 1993 so as to:
▪ insert new definitions;
▪ substitute certain expressions;
▪ provide for the appointment and disqualification of members of the Committee;
▪ provide for the vacation of office of members of the Committee;
▪ provide for the meetings of the Committee;
▪ amend the period for the issuing of the permission;
▪ provide for decision of the Committee;
▪ provide for th establishment of the Appeal Committee;
▪ provide for appeals against the decisions of the Committee.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Trevor Mphahlele at Mphahlet@dot.gov.za or Mr Noko Mashala at MashalaN@dot.gov.za by no later than Friday, 2 January 2015.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Trevor Mphahlele on tel (012) 309 3481 or Mr Noko Mashala (012) 309 3522
The Bill seeks to give legal status to the Approach Document which is a document in which the Committee provides guidelines to be followed by the Companies in submitting Permission applications; provide for the procedure for meetings and decisions of the Committee to ensure transparency, flexibility and predictability of the Regulatory Framework; and provide for effective appeals mechanisms where the Company or any aggrieved person can appeal against the decisions of the Committee.