Comment: Licensing of Businesses Draft BillCall for comments opened 08 April 2013 Share this page:
The Minister of Trade and Industry has published the draft Licensing of Businesses Bill for broader public comments.
The Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for a simple and enabling framework for procedures for application of business licences by setting national norm and standards;
▪ to provide for framework for co-operative governance and harmonisation of standard procedures and minimum, requirements for application of business licences;
▪ to provide for framework for support monitoring and standard setting by national government in order to build local government into an efficient, frontline agency capable of integrating the activities of all spheres government for the overall social and economic upliftment of the communities in harmony with local natural environment;
▪ to provide the appointment of inspectors;
▪ to provide for framework of penalties and administrative fines for non-compliance;
▪ to repeal the Businesses Act, 1991 and all proclamations, notices, regulations promulgated under that law.
Interested persons may submit written comments on the Bill.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Baneka Dalasile at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Wednesday, 17 April 2013.
The bill is also available here: www.pmg.org.za/bill