Performing Animals Protection Amendment Draft BillCall for comments opened 10 April 2014 Share this page:
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries invites you to submit written comments on the draft Performing Animals Protection Amendment Bill.
The Bill seeks to:
▪ amend the Performing Animals Protection Act, 1935, so as to insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the designation of a National Executive Officer;
▪ provide for the designation of delegated officer;
▪ provide for a procedure for the application for a licence to exhibit, train or use an animal for safeguarding;
▪ enable the National Executive Officer to appoint experts to assist in the exercise and performance of powers, function and duties;
▪ provide for any person to object against the granting of a licence;
▪ provide for issuance of licence by delegated officers;
▪ provide for the establishment of the Performing Animal Appeal Board to deal with appeals;
▪ provide for the composition of the Performing Animal Appeal Board.
Comments can be emailed to Dr T Songabe at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 9 May 2014.
Enquiries can be directed to Dr T Songabe on tel (012) 319 7688