Public Administration Management Bill [B48-2013]Call for comments opened 19 November 2013 Share this page:
The Select Committee on Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, on the request of the Minister for the Public Service and Administration, intends introducing the Public Administration Management Bill in Parliament during November 2013.
Prior to its introduction in the National Assembly in November 2013, the Bill was published in Government Gazette No. 36981 of 30 October 2013 in accordance with Rule 241(1) (c) of the Rules of the National Assembly. The Bill was withdrawn for m the National Assembly on 12 November 2013 with the intention to introduce it in its current form in the National Council of Provinces.
The Bill together with the memorandum on the objects in hereby published in accordance with Rule 186(1) (a) and of the Rules of the National Council of Provinces.
The Bill aims to:
▪ promote the basic values and principles governing the public administration referred to in section 195(1) of the Constitution;
▪ to provide for the transfer and secondment of employees in the public administration;
▪ regulate conducting business with the State;
▪ provide for capacity development and training;
▪ provide for the establishment of the National School Government;
▪ provide for the use of information and communication technology in the public administration; to establish the Public Administration Ethics, Integrity and Disciplinary Technical Assistance Unit;
▪ provide for the Minister to set minimum norms and standards;
▪ establish the Office of Standards and Compliance to ensure compliance with minimum norms and standards;
▪ promote compliance with the minimum norms and standards in the public administration;
▪ empower the Minister to make regulations .
Interested parties are invited to submit comments on the Bill.
Comments can be emailed to Adv Modibedi Phindela at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 29 November 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Adv Modibedi Phindela on tel (021) 403 3624