National Credit Amendment Bill [B47-2013]Call for comments opened 15 November 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Trade and Industry invites you to submit written comments on the National Credit Amendment Bill [B47-2013].
The purpose of the Bill is:
▪ To amend the National Credit Act, 2005, so as to amend certain definitions;
▪ To empower the Chief Executive Officer to delegate certain functions to other officials of the National Creditor Regulator;
▪ To provide for the registration of payment distribution agents;
▪ To tighten measures relating to debt counsellors and the conduct of their practices as debt counsellors;
▪ To allow debt counsellors to voluntarily cancel their registration;
▪ To empower the Minister to issue notice for the removal of adverse Information;
▪ To provide for automatic removal of adverse consumer Information;
▪ To empower the National Credit Tribunal to suspend reckless credit agreements;
▪ To provide for the registration and accreditation of Alternative Dispute Resolution Agents.
Public hearings will be scheduled for Tuesday, 28, Wednesday, 29 and Thursday, 30 January 2014.
Comments can be emailed to Mr A. Hermans at firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 29 November 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr A. Hermans on tel (021) 403 3776.
Issued by: Ms, Fubbs, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee of Trade and Industry