Comment: Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Bill [B42-2012]Call for comments opened 08 April 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Trade and Industry invites interested people and stakeholders to submit comments on the:
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Bill [B42-2012]
The purpose of the Bill is:
▪ to insert certain definitions and to amend others;
▪ to clarify interpretation;
▪ to provide for the remuneration of Council members;
▪ to promote compliance by organs of state and public entities and to strengthen the evaluation and monitoring of compliance;
▪ to include the creation of incentive schemes to support black-owned and managed enterprises in the strategy for broad-based black economic empowerment;
▪ to provide for the cancellation of a contract or authorisation;
▪ to establish the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Commission to deal with compliance of broad-based black economic empowerment;
▪ to provide for offences and penalties.
Public hearings will be held in Parliament on Friday, Wednesday, Friday & Wednesday 8, 13, 15 & 20 March 2013.
Comments can be emailed to Mr A Hermans at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 1 March 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr A Hermans on tel (021) 403 3776
Issued by Ms J Fubbs, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee of Trade and Industry
The document is also available here: www.pmg.org.za/bill