Science and Technology Laws Amendment Bill [B36-2013]Call for comments opened 25 October 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Science and Technology invites you to submit written comments on the Science and Technology Laws Amendment Bill.
The Bill seeks to:
▪ amend the Scientific Research Council Act, 1988, the National Research Foundation Act, 1998, the Academy of Science of South Africa Act, 2001, the Natural Scientific Professions Act, 2003, the Human Sciences Research Council Act, 2008, the Technology Innovation Agency Act, 2008, and the South African National Space Agency Act, 2008, so as to harmonise the processes for the appointment of the chairpersons of Boards of the entities reporting to the Minister;
▪ streamline the processes for the appointment of members of the Boards and of the chief executive officers of the entities;
▪ provide for the filling of vacancies of members of the Boards;
▪ provide for the requirements for qualification of members of the Boards and the disqualification of members of the Boards;
▪ provide for the extension of the term of office of members of the Boards;
▪ provide for the dissolution and reconstitution of the Boards.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Shanaaz Isaacs at email@example.com by no later than Monday, 11 November 2013.
For Public hearings' dates and enquiries please contact Ms Shanaaz Isaacs on tel (021) 403 3763 or cell: 083 709 8536.
Please note: All correspondence should be addressed to Dr Nqaba Ngcobo, MP: PC on Science and Technology and marked for the attention of Ms Shanaaz Isaacs
Issued by: Nqaba Ngcobo MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Science and Technology