National Veld and Forest Fire Amendment BillCall for comments opened 23 February 2022 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 18 March 2022)
The Portfolio Committee on Environment, Forestry and Fisheries invites you to submit written comments on the National Veld and Forest Fire Amendment Bill [B24 – 2021].
The Bill seeks: to amend the National Veld and Forest Fire Act, 1998, so as to:
▪ amend and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the facilitation of the formation of fire protection associations by a municipality or a traditional council;
▪ compel a municipality, state owned enterprise, public entity or other organ of state which owns land to join the fire protection associations;
▪ extend the powers of entry, search, seizure and arrest to peace officers and traditional leaders;
▪ amend the title of the Act to the National Veldfire Act; and to provide for matter connected therewith.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Tyhileka Madubela at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 18 March 2022.
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tyhileka Madubela on cell 083 709 8401