Transport Appeal Tribunal Amendment BillCall for comments opened 30 January 2022 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 18 February 2022)
The Portfolio Committee on Transport invites you to submit written comments on the Transport Appeal Tribunal Amendment Bill [B 8 – 2020].
The Bill seeks to :
▪ amend the Transport Appeal Tribunal Act, 1998, so as to insert, delete and amend certain definitions;
▪ bring the Act in line with the developments since the implementation of the Act;
▪ provide for certain powers of the Transport Appeal Tribunal;
▪ allow the Minister to extend the term of office of the members of the Tribunal;
▪ empower the Transport Appeal Tribunal to take appropriate steps in cases where its rulings are not implemented or effected timeously and empower it to investigate delays in the completion of its proceedings;
Comments can be emailed to Ms Valerie Carelse at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 18 February 2022.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Valerie Carelse on cell 083 709 8445
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
Issued by Mr M J Zwane, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Transport
You can track the bill’s progress here
How to write a submission