District Six Land Claimants: What has been your experience of the District Six Land Claim process?Call for comments opened 28 September 2021 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 27 October 2021
Share your experiences and thoughts with the Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Human Settlements by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending voice notes and messages on WhatsApp (cellphone number: 082 372 7463). Kindly note that this request for information is only applicable to District Six land claimants. Please include your full name and contact details when submitting any comments to the Standing Committee. Submissions must be addressed to Ms S Jones, Procedural Officer. Claimants or persons who are interested in making in-person submissions to the Standing Committee must indicate it when submitting comments. Submissions must reach the Procedural Officer by no later than 15:00 on 27 October 2021.
Please provide the following:
- Your name, surname, age and contact details.
- Were you a beneficiary of a District Six land restitution claim?
- Have you registered for a land restitution claim in District Six?
- How long have you been on the waiting list?
- Please elaborate on the challenges you experienced with your land restitution claim in District Six.
- If you have registered for a land claim, do you have a reference number for the claim? If you have, please provide the reference number.
- Have you received any communication from the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development regarding your District Six land claim?
- How long has it been since you have received communication from the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development?
- Has the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development informed you when your District Six land restitution claim will be finalised?
- Would you like to make an in-person submission to the Standing Committee?
Alternatively, you can make an online submission via the Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s website (https://www.wcpp.gov.za/node/9777)
*Please note: By providing the personal information required above, you consent to your personal information being processed for any lawful purpose, including the facilitation of public involvement in the processes of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament (WCPP), law-making and oversight by the WCPP, securing the parliamentary precincts and to coordinate programmes between the WCPP and other stakeholders.
Issued by Ms M Maseko (MPP), Chairperson of the Standing Committee on Human Settlements.