Railway Safety BillCall for comments opened 08 September 2021 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 15 October 2021
The Portfolio Committee on Transport invites you to submit written comments on the Railway Safety Bill.
Comments can be emailed to Valerie Carelse at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 15 October 2021.
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
The Bill seeks:
•to provide for the regulation of railway safety in the Republic
• to provide for the continued existence of the Railway Safety Regulator
• to provide for the board and governance structures of the Railway Safety Regulator
• to provide for railway safety permits
• to provide for railway safety critical grades and safety management systems
• to provide for a national railway safety information and monitoring system
• to provide for a legal framework to enforce compliance with the Act and to deal with railway occurrences
• to provide for an appeal mechanism
• to provide for transitional arrangements and the repeal of the National Railway Safety Regulator Act, 2002; and
• to provide for matters connected therewith.
Enquiries can be directed to Valerie Carelse on cell 083 709 8445
Issued by Mr M J Zwane, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Transport
Track the Bill here