Transport Appeal Tribunal Amendment BillCall for comments opened 03 September 2021 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 08 October 2021
The Portfolio Committee on Transport invites interested people and stakeholders to submit written comments on the Transport Appeal Tribunal Amendment Bill [B 8 – 2020].
Enquiries as well as written submissions can be sent to the Portfolio Committee on Transport (Attention: Valerie Carelse) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org / cell 083 709 8445
The closing date for submissions is 8 October 2021
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
The Bill seeks:
- to amend the Transport Appeal Tribunal Act, 1998, so as to insert, delete and amend certain definitions
- to bring the Act in line with the developments since the implementation of the Act
- to provide for certain powers of the Transport Appeal Tribunal
- to allow the Minister to extend the term of office of the members of the Tribunal
- to empower the Transport Appeal Tribunal to take appropriate steps in cases where its rulings are not implemented or effected timeously and empower it to investigate delays in the completion of its proceedings; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
Issued by Mr M J Zwane, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Transport
Track the Bill here