Water Research Amendment Bill, 2013Call for comments opened 04 September 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Water and Environmental Affairs in invites you to comment on the Water Research Amendment Bill, 2013.
The purpose of the Water Research Amendment Bill, 2013 is to:
▪ Amend the Water Research Act, 1971, so as to insert certain definitions and substitute others;
▪ Effect certain textual improvements and name changes;
▪ Provide for the appointment of members of the Board and the Chief Executive Officer;
▪ Regulate the governance of the Water Research Council;
▪ Align the Act with applicable legislation, such as the National Water Act, 1998, Water Services Act, 1997 and the Public Finance Management Act, 1999.
Find attached document here: Press Statement Water Research Amendment Bill, 2013
Public hearings are targeted for the fourth term of Parliament.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Tyhileka Madubela at email@example.com by no later than Monday, 30 September 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tyhileka Madubela on tel (021) 403 3713 or cell 083 304 9586
Issued by Adv. Johnny de Lange, M.P.: Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Water and Environmental Affairs on 28 August 2013