Employers & Employees based in Western Cape: Your experience of Covid-19 TERS funding process?Call for comments opened 11 June 2021 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 15 July 2021)
The Standing Committee on Finance, Economic Opportunities and Tourism invites you to share your experience and thoughts. Please indicate the following:
▪ Are you an employer or employee based in the Western Cape?
▪ Have you, as an employer or employee based in the Western Cape, submitted a COVID-19 TERS claim to the UIF? If you have, please elaborate.
▪ How many COVID-19 TERS submissions have you, as a Western Cape employer or employee, submitted to the UIF? (This does not refer to the number of employees applied for.)
▪ Have you experienced any challenges when applying for the COVID-19 TERS funding or with the payout of approved funds? If you have, please elaborate.
▪ If your COVID-19 TERS claim has not been settled, please provide us with your name, ID number, where you applied, the date of the application and the reference number for the claim.
▪ According to the UIF, the average number of working days for the COVID-19 TERS payment to be made is five days. How many working days did it take for your approved COVID-19 TERS funding to be paid?
▪ If you have received a COVID-19 TERS payout, how many employees were applied for and how many received their payouts?
▪ Have you received any response (for example remittance advices) from the UIF indicating which employees have been approved for the COVID-19 TERS payout?
▪ Have you received any guidance from the UIF on the COVID-19 TERS application process?
▪ How did you become aware of the COVID-19 TERS funding?
Comments can be emailed to Ms Zaheedah Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 15:00 on Monday 12 July 2021
Kindly send voice notes and messages on WhatsaApp on cell 082 372 7463
Alternatively, members of the public may complete a digital form/questionnaire available on the WCPP website: https://www.wcpp.gov.za/node/9521
Kindly note that this request for information is only applicable to employers and employees residing in the Western Cape. Please include your full name and contact details when submitting any comments to the Standing Committee. Submissions must be addressed to Ms Z Adams, Procedural Officer. Employers, employees and organisations who are interested in making in-person submissions to the Standing Committee must indicate it when submitting comments. Submissions must reach the Procedural Officer by no later than 15:00 on Monday 12 July 2021.