Sectional Titles Amendment BillCall for comments opened 09 March 2021 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 09 April 2021)
The Portfolio Committee on Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development invites you to submit written comments and indicate interest in making an oral submission on the Sectional Titles Amendment Bill [B31 – 2020]
The Sectional Titles Amendment Bill seeks to amend the Sectional Titles Act, 1986, so as to:
▪ amend certain definitions;
▪ provide for the developer to answer questions put to the developer by the agents of the lessees;
▪ provide that a certificate issued by an architect or a land surveyor must also comply with section 26(2) of the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, 2013;
▪ further provide for the amendment of sectional plans in respect of exclusive use areas;
▪ further provide for the amendment and cancellation of a sectional plan upon an order of the court;
▪ provide for the noting of a title deed in respect of the lapsing of a reservation in terms of section 25;
▪ provide for a lease of part of the common property with the consent of the holders of registered real rights;
▪ amend the provisions relating to the alienation of common property;
▪ further provide for the cancellation of a mortgaged section and mortgaged exclusive use area;
▪ also provide for a developer to submit a plan for subdivision or consolidation to the Surveyor-General for approval to subdivide, consolidate and to extend a section;
▪ extend the registration of subdivision of a section, the consolidation of sections, and the extension of sections to a developer;
▪ provide for the filing of replacement documentation in respect of lost or destroyed documentation;
▪ amend the provisions relating to the extension of a scheme;
▪ amend the provisions relating to participation quotas of sections;
▪ regulate the membership of the sectional titles regulations board;
▪ amend the transitional provisions; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Albertina Kakaza at PCALRRD@parliament.gov.za by no later than Friday, 9 April 2021.
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Albertina Kakaza on cell 083 709 8391
Issued by Nkosi ZMD Mandela; Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development.