Fiscal Framework and Revenue ProposalsCall for comments opened 19 February 2021 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 01 March 2021)
The Standing Committee on Finance and the Select Committee on Finance invites you to submit written submissions on the Fiscal Framework and Revenue Proposals that were tabled together with the 2021/2022 Budget Review on Wednesday, 24 February 2021.
The Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Act, Act No 9 of 2009 defines the fiscal framework as follows: the framework for a specific financial year that gives effect to the national executive’s macro- economic policy and includes:
• estimates of all revenue, budgetary and extra-budgetary specified separately, expected to be raised during that financial year
• estimates of all expenditure, budgetary and extra-budgetary specified separately, for that financial year
• estimates of borrowing for that financial year
• estimates of interest and debt servicing charges; and
• and indication of the contingency reserve necessary for an appropriate response to emergencies or other temporary needs, and other factors based on similar objective criteria.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament on Wednesday, 3 March 2021.
Those who want to make submissions at public hearings on Wednesday 3 March 2021 should specifically request this. These hearings will be conducted through Zoom.
Submissions and your indication to make oral presentation must be received by no later than 12:00 on Monday, 1 March 2021.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Allen Wicomb at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms Teboho Sepanya at email@example.com (Standing Committee on Finance) and Mr Nkululeko Mangweni (Select Committee on Finance) at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12:00 on Monday, 1 March 2021.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Allen Wicomb on tel (021) 403 3759 and Ms Teboho Sepanya on tel (021) 403 3738 or Mr Nkululeko Mangweni on tel (021) 403 3782
Copies of the Fiscal Framework and Revenue Proposals will be available on 24 February 2021 at www.treasury.gov.za
Issued by Hon. MJ Maswanganyi, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance
(National Assembly) and Hon. YI Carrim, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Finance (National Council of Provinces).