Electoral Amendment Bill [B22-2013]Call for comments opened 15 August 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Home Affairs invites you to submit written comments on the Electoral Amendment Bill [B22-2013].
The Bill seeks to:
• Amend the Electoral Act, 1998, so as to amend and insert certain definitions;
• Revise provisions relating to registration as a voter;
• Revise provisions relating to special votes in election for the National Assembly and provincial legislatures and the procedure related thereto;
• Revise provisions relating to the number of party agents at a voting station;
• Correct certain important technical aspects in the text of the Act.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Eddy Mathonsi at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 6 September 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Eddy Mathonsi on tel (021) 403 3826 or cell 083 709 8523
Issued by Ms M.M. Maunye, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Home Affairs.