Auditing Profession Amendment BillCall for comments opened 28 January 2021 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 08 February 2021)
The Select Committee on Finance invites stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the Auditing Profession Amendment Bill [B 2B – 2020].
Comments must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday, 8 February at 12:00
Those who want to make submissions at public hearings on Tuesday, 9 February 2021 should specifically request this. These hearings will be conducted through Zoom.
The Bill aims to:
- amend the Auditing Profession Act, 2005, so as to insert a definition;
- strengthen the governance of the Regulatory Board;
- strengthen the investigating and disciplinary processes;
- provide for the power to enter and search premises and to subpoena persons with information required for an investigation or disciplinary process;
- provide for the power to issue a warrant for purposes of entering and searching of premises;
- provide for processes to be followed after an investigation;
- provide for a duty to disclose information;
- provide for sanctions in admission of guilt process and following a disciplinary hearing;
- provide for offences relating to investigation and disciplinary process;
- provide for the protection of personal information;
- provide for transitional measures; and
- provide for matters connected therewith.
Issued by Hon. YI Carrim, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Finance (National Council of Provinces)
Track the Bill here