Compensation for Occupational Injuries And Diseases Amendment BillCall for comments opened 25 January 2021 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 05 March 2021)
The Portfolio Committee on Employment and Labour invites you to submit written comments on the Compensation For Occupational Injuries And Diseases Amendment Bill [B 21-2020]
The Bill seeks to amend the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993, so as to:
▪ amend, substitute, insert, delete and repeal certain definitions and sections;
▪ provide for matters pertaining to the Board and its members;
▪ provide for the Commissioner to perform certain functions that were previously performed by the Director-General; to further provide for matters pertaining to the rehabilitation, re-integration and return to work of occupationally injured and diseased employees;
▪ regulate the use of health care services;
▪ provide for the Commissioner to review pension claims or awards;
▪ provide for administrative penalties;
▪ regulate compliance and enforcement and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Enquiries, as well as written submissions, can be directed to the Portfolio Committee on Employment and Labour, (for attention: Mr Zolani Sakasa), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 05 March 2021 at 16:30. The original deadline for submission was 19 February 2021.
In addition to the written submissions, please indicate if you are interested in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
Issued by: Ms ML Dunjwa, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Employment and Labour
Track the bill here