Nomination of 2 SAHRC CommissionersCall for comments opened 27 November 2020 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 31 December 2020)
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for TWO suitable persons to be recommended for appointment as full time Commissioners to the SAHRC. Applications will also be accepted. A list of nominations/applications received will be published on the Parliamentary website to allow members of the public to comment on the suitability of candidates.
Nominations can be emailed to Mr Vhonani Ramaano at email@example.com by no later than Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 17h00.
The nominee/applicant must:
- be a South African citizen and fit and proper person to hold office of the Commission, as contemplated in section 193(1) of the Constitution;
- have a record of commitment to the promotion of respect for human rights and a culture of human rights;
- be a person with applicable knowledge or experience with regard to matters connected with the objects of the Commission; and
- comply with any other requirements prescribed by national legislation, in particular the South African Human Rights Commission Act, 2013.
Nominations should be accompanied by the full name, address/email address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination; and the signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee.
For both nominations and applications, the accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) should provide the nominee or applicant’s:
- Full name, ID number and gender;
- Contact details including physical address, telephone / cell number and email address;
- Relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and
- Academic qualifications.
All candidates will be subjected to suitability screening/vetting and verification of qualifications.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr V Ramaano on cell: 083 709 8427
Issued by Mr Bulelani Magwanishe MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services