07 June 2021
From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (7 June 2021)
- A recently gazetted national policy on child care and protection is expected to serve as a roadmap for strengthening and building on existing promotive, preventative and responsive services and programmes.
- The broad-based black economic empowerment ‘framework’ is to be reviewed and steps taken to ensure that a wider number of South Africans benefit, according to a recent Department of Trade, Industry and Competition media statement.
- The Independent Communications Authority of SA has issued a media statement on the process of reviewing the ‘pro-competitive conditions’ in its wholesale voice call termination regulations.
- National Treasury has called for public comment on proposals for a generally recognised accounting practice standard to be applied by public entities when accounting for and disclosing short-term, long-term and post-employment employee benefits.
- A recently published report on biological invasions and their management underscores the need for a ‘common national approach’ to identifying and managing biosecurity risks, according to the accompanying media statement.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.