From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (6 September 2021)
- The recently announced grace period for renewing expired drivers’ and learners’ licences, temporary driving licences and professional driving permits was formalised on 31 August by notice in the Government Gazette.
- On 31 August, a Government Gazette notice confirmed a decision by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa to extend by three-months the validity of temporarily assigned radio frequency spectrum.
- The Prudential Authority has called for public comment on:
GREEN PAPER ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND RETIREMENT
- The Department of Social Development has:
- withdrawn a recently released Green Paper on ‘comprehensive social security and retirement reform’, and
- issued a media statement:
- explaining that ‘some … technical aspects’ of the paper ‘were not well understood’ and may have ‘misrepresented’ what is envisaged, and
- confirming that, ‘as soon as these issues have been addressed’, a revised Green Paper will be published for public comment.
- The Prudential Authority has called for public comment on a draft directive intended to clarify requirements associated with calculating the consolidated liquidity coverage ratio
- The South African Reserve Bank has called for public comment on a concept paper proposing implementation principles for a standardised triparty collateral management framework.
- National Treasury has called for public comment on benchmark setting proposals.
- The amended regulations for blending biofuels with petrol and diesel have been gazetted.
- New regulations on petroleum product specifications and standards have been gazetted.
SCRAP METAL EXPORTS
- The International Trade Administration Commission has called for public comment on draft amendment to the revised guidelines on exporting ferrous and non-ferrous waste and scrap metal.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.