30 August 2021
From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (30 August 2021)
COVID-19 AND LOST SCHOOL DAYS
- According to Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga, the Council of Education Ministers has:
- agreed not to ‘interfere’ with the October vacation, and
- recommended that ‘lost’ school days should be ‘recovered at district and school-level, but with reasonableness’.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- Regulations in place since 2002 under the 2000 Promotion of Access to Information Act have been repealed and replaced with a new set.
- The Legal Practice Council has called for public comment on a proposed amendment to its rule on leave of absence for candidate attorneys.
MINING AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment has called for public comment on draft replacement financial provisioning regulations aimed at facilitating environmentally sustainable mining activities.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.