From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (3 October 2022)
INTERIM PROTECTION OF INFORMAL LAND RIGHTS ACT
- The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development has gazetted a notice extending the application of the Act’s provisions until 31 December 2023. This is noting that the term ‘informal land right’ as defined in the Act, as amended, includes the use or occupation of and access to land in terms of:
- indigenous or customary law
- arrangements made by former governing authorities (Transkei, Ciskei, Bophuthatswana and Venda)
- certain trust arrangements, and
- the Upgrading of Land Tenure Rights Act, 1991.
BANKS ACT REGULATIONS
- Substantive amendments came into force on 1 October 2022, affecting:
- securitisation exposure, and
- resecuritisation exposure.
MEDICINES AND RELATED SUBSTANCES ACT REGULATIONS
- The Department of Health has called for public comments on draft amendments among other things affecting practices related to compounding a medicine for sale.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.