From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (27 September 2021)
- The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment has called for public comment on several more policy proposals affecting:
- commercial fishing rights transfer, and
- the allocation and management of commercial fishing rights in nine fishery sub-sectors.
UNREST-RELATED DUTY-FREE IMPORT APPLICATIONS
- The guidelines, rules and conditions pertaining to certificates issued in terms of rebate item 412.11(a) under the Customs and Excise Act have been amended. Among other things, they now deal with:
- ‘the use of contract manufacturing’
- the period for providing data on the volume of goods manufactured before an applicant’s manufacturing facilities were damaged, and
- the retrenchment of employees.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT IT SYSTEM UPDATE
- Following the 6 September ransomware attack on its IT system, the department has prioritised services ‘affecting the public directly’, including
- court proceedings
- maintenance payments, and
- where necessary, interventions enabling bereaved families to access funds for burial costs.
- New regulations under the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act have been gazetted but will only come into force next July. They:
- include a chapter on skills development, and
- have implications for the appointment of senior municipal managers and their conditions of employment.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.