From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (25 April 2022)
STATE OF DISASTER
- In response to the severe weather conditions experienced recently in certain provinces, on 18 April a notice was gazetted:
- reclassifying to ‘national’ the provincial disaster declared on 13 April, and
- formalising President Cyril Ramaphosa’s earlier announcement.
SOCIAL RELIEF OF DISTRESS GRANT
- New regulations gazetted on 22 April and immediately in force:
- extend the grant’s availability for 12 months
- include information-sharing consent provisions, and prescribe:
- the eligibility criteria to be met
- the application procedures to be followed
- the amount and period of payment, and
- the appeal process.
INDEPENDENT COMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY OF SOUTH AFRICA (ICASA)
- As the next step in Icasa’s market inquiry into signal distribution services, a discussion document has been gazetted for public comment with the aim of:
- assessing ‘the state of competition’, and
- ‘determining whether or not there are markets or market segments within the signal distribution services value chain which may warrant regulation in the context of a market review’.
- Draft interim regulations have been gazetted for public comment, focusing on:
- Draft licensing regulations and procedures have been gazetted for public comment.
- The Department of Home Affairs has gazetted a notice confirming that:
- all ports of entry for aircraft except Pilansberg International are now open, and that
- entry to or exit from South Africa is subject to screening procedures prescribed in the prevailing disaster management regulations.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.