From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (24 May 2021)
COVID-19 STATE OF DISASTER
- School contact sports were suspended on 19 May in a Department of Basic Education media statement to be confirmed by notice in the Government Gazette.
- The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment has called for public comment on documents emerging from Phase 1 of its socio-economic impact assessment of fishing rights allocation policies.
- The deadline for public comment on farm planning regulations gazetted in December 2020 has been extended.
- The deadline for public comment on draft mobile broadband services regulations gazetted in March has been extended.
- The deadline for public comment on draft norms and standards for the treatment of organic waste gazetted in March has been extended.
- The deadline for public comment on a draft revised national biodiversity framework released in March has been extended.
- The South African Reserve Bank is calling for input on a discussion paper proposing the characteristics, calibration and implementation period for loss-absorbing/’Flac’ instruments introduced in the 2020 Financial Sector Laws Amendment Bill now before Parliament.
TRADE, INDUSTRY AND COMPETITION
- A draft Green Paper on the advancement of new energy vehicles in South Africa has been released for comment.
- A practice note has been issued on discretionary collective enterprise ownership under the B-BBEE codes.
- A draft mine closure strategy has been gazetted for public comment.
- Draft amendments to the 1998 cross-border road transport regulations have been gazetted for public content.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.