22 November 2021
From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (22 November 2021)
EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR
- President Cyril Ramaphosa has confirmed that the social employment fund is now open for project proposals. It will be managed by the Independent Development Corporation, which has published the fund’s:
- The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has:
- temporarily suspended the wireless open access network licensing timetable published last month, and
- postponed the release of its consultation document on the process envisaged.
- ICASA has also gazetted:
- The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment has suspended for 12 months regulations domesticating the 1998 UN Rotterdam Convention on international trade in hazardous chemicals and pesticides.
- The Legal Practice Council has amended its rules on:
- enrolment conversion, and
- Fidelity Fund certificate applications.
- The Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors has called for public comments on draft replacement disciplinary rules.
- The Financial Sector Conduct Authority has withdrawn a draft standard on pension fund investments in hedge funds, which was released in October 2020 for public comment.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.