19 April 2021
From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (19 April 2021)
COVID-19 STATE OF DISASTER
- Draft amendments to the disaster management regulations were released on 16 April, outlining proposals for a Covid-19 vaccine injury no-fault compensation scheme. Members of the public were given ‘until 19 April’ to comment.
- On 14 April, a notice was gazetted extending the State of Disaster to 15 May.
- The Covid-19 loan guarantee scheme availability period was extended by three months on 12 April.
- The delivery of ‘digital learning devices’ to National Student Financial Aid Scheme beneficiaries requiring them to continue their studies during the State of Disaster is expected to begin this week.
- The Information Regulator Comment has called for comment by 30 April on a draft code of conduct on processing consumer credit and related personal information in compliance with the 2013 Protection of Personal Information Act, the 2005 National Credit Act and ‘good business practice’.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.