12 April 2021
From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (12 April 2021)
- A new regulatory code has been gazetted on basic standards to be met in facilitating access for the hearing and/or visually impaired to electronic communications and television broadcasting services.
- The South African Reserve Bank has called for public comment on a discussion document outlining ‘proposed requirements for funding in resolution’.
TRADE, INDUSTRY AND COMPETITION
- The Competition Commission has published:
- The Department of Trade, Industry and Competition has clarified the implications for B-BBEE of a November 2020 Supreme Court of Appeal ruling declaring the 2017 preferential procurement policy framework regulations invalid.
- The Legal Practice Council has introduced a rule on the requirements to be met when electronic accounting records or files are ‘hosted offsite’.
- The deadline by which the commission of inquiry into allegations of state capture, corruption and fraud in the public sector should complete its work has been extended.
- The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment has explained the rationale behind recent amendments to the integrated environmental management plan for square kilometre array construction phase one.
- The regulations on plastic carrier and flat bags have been amended.
- A guidance note on HIV management and control was gazetted on Friday.
- Guidelines have been published on compiling a mandatory code of practice for preventing flammable gas explosions in non-coal mines.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.