From the Government Gazette and Media Statements (10 October 2022)
- The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs has released a draft councillors’ code of conduct for public comment. Among other things, it:
- requires every councillor to ‘settle his or her municipal account for rates and service charges in accordance with the credit control policy of the municipality’, and
- covers attendance at meetings.
PASSPORT AND TRAVEL DOCUMENT APPLICATION FEES
- Recently gazetted amendments to the regulations will come into force on 1 November 2022.
SMALL CLAIMS COURT RULES
- New rules have been gazetted but will only apply on a date yet to be announced by the Minister.
FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE
- Announcements in a Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development media statement are confirmed in a Government Gazette notice among other things relaxing restrictions on the movement of livestock in certain areas of Free State province.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TAX INCENTIVE
- National Treasury has released proposed changes to section 11D of the Income Tax Act. They are unpacked in:
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA)
- The Information Regulator has gazetted notices announcing its approval of codes of conduct submitted by:
- the Banking Association of South Africa, and
- the Credit Bureau Association.
- The codes of conduct are expected to be published shortly on the Information Regulator’s website.
GREENHOUSE GAS (GHG) EMISSIONS
- The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment has issued methodological GHG emission quantification guidelines to be read with GHG emission reporting Regulation 10, as amended.
Prepared by Pam Saxby
About this blog
"That week in Parliament" is a series of blog posts in which the important Parliamentary events of the week are discussed.